My name is Yasir Zaki, I am an assistant professor at New York University Abu Dhabi.
I have been working for several years on research and development of mobile communications. I have worked with Nokia Siemens Networks on projects related to UMTS, HSDPA, HSUPA and LTE.
Some of my research interests are: Radio schedulers, Transport congestion control, Transport network dimensioning, QoS/QoE, Wireless/spectrum and network virtualization, small cells in mobile communication, Machine to Machine communications.
My recent publications include:
- Yasir Zaki, Thomas Pötsch, Talal Ahmad, Tai Liu, Arjuna Sathiaseelan, Jay Chen, Lakshmi Subramanian. Application-level Congestion Control: Overcoming TCP’s limitations in Cellular Networks. In the 2018 USENIX Annual Technical Conference (USENIX ATC’18) (poster paper)
- Ali Raza, Yasir Zaki, Thomas Pötsch, Jay Chen, Lakshmi Subramanian. xCache: Rethinking Edge Caching for Developing Regions. At the 9th International Conference on Information and Communication Technology for Development (ICTD2017).
- Yasir Zaki, Thomas Pötsch, Jay Chen, Lakshmi Subramanian, and Carmelita Görg. Adaptive Congestion Control for Unpredictable Cellular Networks. In ACM Special Interest Group on Data Communication (SIGCOMM), London, United Kingdom, August 17-21.
- Verus code available at github
- Yasir Zaki, Thomas Pötsch, Jay Chen, and Lakshmi Subramanian. Dissecting web latency in Ghana. In Internet Measurement Conference (IMC). Vancouver, Canada, november 2014
- Yasir Zaki, Thushara Weerawardane, Stephan Hauth, Eugen Wallmeier and Carmelita Görg. Intelligent Traffic Enforcement for LTE backhaul. In Personal, Indoor and Mobile Radio Conference (PIMRC) 2013, London, United Kingdom, 8-11 Septemebr 2013